RESULTS: Kate's Best Royal Engagement
It's been 10 years since the Duchess of Cambridge's first official royal engagement at Trearddur Bay in Anglesey. But which engagement since has become your favourite.
FEBRUARY 22nd, 2021 (UPDATED: MARCH 5th, 2021)
his week marks ten years since the Duchess of Cambridge’s first ever royal engagement before becoming The Duchess of Cambridge. To celebrate a decade on, we asked you to choose which royal engagement conducted by the Duchess is your favourite. From her stellar work in the Early Years, to her society altering championing of mental health awareness through Heads Together, see what our readers chose as their favourite.
A total of 3000 people took part in our poll and a the results are as follows:
20. The Duchess awards the Paralympic Medals for Men's Discus. (2012) - (6 votes, 0.20%)
19. King Henry’s Walk Garden in Islington, where she met school children making Pizza outside. (2019) (2020) - (9 votes, 0.23%)
18. The Duchess visits the Cub Scout Pack in Kings Lynn to celebrate the Cubs' 100th anniversary. (2016) - (10 votes, 0.44%)
17. Kate as Royal Patron and Honorary Air Commandant of the Air Cadet Organization visits RAF airfield in Cambridgeshire to learn the basics of flying. (2017) - (18 votes, 1.01%)
16. Kate's first state Banquet (2015) - (20 votes, 1.10%)
15. Kate's first Trooping the Colour (2011) - (37 votes, 1.23%)
14. Kate's First Royal Speech when she visited EACH (East Anglia's Children's Hospice) to unveil their new project 'The Treehouse'. (2012) - (44 votes, 1.25%)
13. With just 24 hours notice The Duchess of Cambridge stood in for Prince Charles for a charity dinner. (2011) - (56 votes, 1.44%)
12. Kate's first ever royal engagement before her wedding to Prince William in Wales. (2011) - (58 votes, 1.50%)
11. Kate meets Len Gardner from Batley, Yorkshire after making friends whilst in lockdown. (2020) - (62 votes, 1.80%)
10. The King’s Cup yachting regatta where Kate was awarded a wooden spoon after losing the race. (2019) - (66 votes, 2.00%)
9. The Duchess embarks on her first solo royal tour to the Netherlands. (2016) - (78 votes, 2.80%)
8. Kate first official royal engagement as HRH The Duchess of Cambridge alongside Prince William at a charity gala dinner on the grounds of Kensington Palace. (2011) - (91 votes, 3.00%)
7. Kate launches her brainchild - Heads Together - alongside Prince William and Prince Harry. (2016) - (107 votes, 3.54%)
6. The Duchess hugs the midwife who help deliver Prince George whilst visiting the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. (2018) - (116 votes, 4.10%)
5. Kate hands out the winning trophy at Wimbledon. (2019) - (185 votes, 6.30%)
4. 5 Big Questions Survey results and Future Announcements (2020) - (380 votes, 13.05%)
3. Kate photographs Holocaust survivors for Holocaust Memorial Day. (2020) - (445 votes, 15.01%)
2. The Duchess unveils her Chelsea Flower Show garden to the public, though not before showing her children and husband around first. (2019) - (541 votes, 18.00%)
1. Kate launches her Hold Still project, capturing a portrait of the nation whilst in lockdown. (2020) - (671 votes, 22.00%)
The Masterful Queen
As the Queen enters her 70th year on the Throne; unflinching, unwavering and unmovable, Queen Elizabeth II forever reminds us how she mastered the art of being the monarch.
FEBRUARY 6th, 2021
Kate Visibly Moved by Holocaust Stories
The Duchess of Cambridge became visibly moved in a video call with Holocaust survivors as she honours Holocaust Memorial Day.
JANUARY 27th, 2021